L.U.L.A.T.S. - Let Us Look At The Sky
A multilateral COMENIUS-project (2010-2012)
Aims and objectives:
- To increase motivation in science, technology, mathematics and nature by means of observing the universe.
- To get students familiarize with different technologies (e.g. telescope, cameras, ICT).
- To practise students and teachers interdisciplinary thinking.
- To approach systematical scientifical teamwork.
- To explore and understand different cultures and ways of living in Europe.
- To train foreign languages.
- Observe the moon, planets and stars with identical instruments from different regions of Europe
- Search for good places to look at the sky
- Visit observatories, planetariums and astronomical institutes
- Processing data
- Resolving problems arising with the observations
- Exchanging information with partners
- Building an internet platform
- Creating and presenting products
- Learning the appropriate vocabulary
- Investigating the mythology of stars and constellations
- Creating a logo and a banner
Students (13-19 years) and teachers
- Star calendar
- Diaries (blogs)